SMECC is seeking culturally diverse people living in the Sunraysia Mallee region who have stories to tell and ideas to share about their experiences of the past two years living in a pandemic.
WHAT IS IT?
Our arts exhibition, SMECC Multicultural Arts: Our Covid Experiences, will be at Mildura Arts Centre and shared online via a digital gallery.
Participants may be young or older and would be welcome create works in their mother tongue and/or English. They can be new migrants, second-generation migrants, refugees, asylum seekers — anyone who identifies as culturally or linguistically diverse and is living in the region.
You do not need to be highly skilled or creative but need to have an interest in creating artwork and sharing your stories and ideas.
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
Each person or group creating a piece work may be supported with art materials, access to equipment or space, and potentially creative support from local artists. Participating in this project will be an amazing opportunity to:
· tell your own story and ideas in your own way
· develop content making and story-telling skills
· meet new people and connect with other creative minds
· show the world your strengths
WHAT’S IT ABOUT?
We are looking for stories and ideas that cover themes like:
- How do you get inspiration from your cultural roots to deal with challenges?
- Your experience during COVID and what you have done to adapt to changing times?
- What are your hopes for 2022?
- How have you stayed safe during the pandemic?
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
If you would like to register your interest, complete this questionnaire:
Final artwork submissions would be needed by April 4.
More info, please email email@example.com or text 0401 663 411
SMECC Multicultural Arts Exhibition is supported by the Victorian Government through the Multicultural Communications Outreach Program (MCOP).