Help SMECC to support our new community members as they settle in our region.
We have partnered with Be Collective to register our volunteers and advertise opportunities. If you are interested in volunteering, Click Here to sign up to volunteer for SMECC and the Mildura Food Relief Hub
We currently have the following opportunities open for volunteers;
Food Hub Volunteer
Food Hub Driver
SMECC will provide you with:
- Orientation and training
- Professional references – for those who are serving as volunteers to help gain work skills for future study and employment
We offer opportunities in the following areas:
- Driver Mentors – teach student how to drive and prepare for their tests. Mentors must have a clean driving record
- Multicultural Playgroups – Assistants help engage the children in activities, practice conversational English and provide information to mums. This is a women’s only setting, therefore only women should apply.
- Client Assistance – Support clients by filling in and explaining forms and source information for clients.
- English Language classes – assist students with their verbal, written and digital communication skills.
- Food share programs – assist by volunteering in our Secondbite program. Drivers licence required.
- Sunraysia Multicultural Festival – Volunteer at our annual food and dance extravaganza! Roles will vary depending on time commitment and skills.
- Bi-lingual services – Speakers of languages other than English are always needed to help run information sessions and assist clients.
- Other roles – SMECC is open to all kinds of people with different skill sets. We are always looking for people with experience in working with youth, admin, media, tutoring, gardening etc.
If you are interested in becoming a SMECC volunteer, please submit the form below.