The Sunraysia Mallee Ethnic Communities Council (SMECC) is seeking a new Executive Officer (EO)
- Be part of a culturally diverse team of staff and volunteers
- Help build a capable, sustainable, and influential organisation
- Create positive change for local and migrant communities facing disadvantage
- Attractive Salary Packaging
Sunraysia Mallee Ethnic Communities Council Inc. (SMECC) is a not-for-profit community-based organisation with over 40 years serving the community in assisting the settlement of new migrants and refugees into Mildura and the surrounding area. Our Vision is an empowered harmonious community and our Mission is to facilitate and enable the social and economic participation and integration of migrant and refugee communities into this region.
SMECC operates language services, a play group, driver training and cultural awareness programs. With Covid halting the movement of refugees and asylum seekers, SMECC has expanded its operations into food relief, accommodation, pastoral care and secondary immigration (re-locating culturally diverse families from the outer suburbs of our capital into our region).
The organisation is based in Mildura, Victoria, has 27 employees supported by volunteers from within the community. Services are currently being offered at Mildura and Swan Hill locations. The position is open to applicants from all backgrounds.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH SMECC
- Part of an ethical organisation that makes a positive impact on people’s lives
- Family friendly workplace with flexible work arrangements, in a dynamic organisation
- Positive workplace culture and supportive team environment
- Community focused staff with a shared passion for improving opportunities for migrants and refugees.
- Diverse range of community engagement and responsibilities
- SMECC is poised to expand its reach and range of services
- EO would lead an experienced seasoned and enthusiastic team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful applicant must:
- Be an experienced and confident leader, possessing excellent communication skills;
- Have a positive and diplomatic approach; and be able to build and sustain relationships and partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Be able to operate at a senior management level within a complex community organisation;
- Be a confident and effective people manager; demonstrating the ability to lead and engage a culturally diverse team;
- Be experienced in supervising sustainable financial practices to support organisational growth;
- Report to the board of directors; and demonstrate the ability to be innovative to generate new services in relationship with key stakeholders, including ministerial and senior government.
Reporting to the Board, you will lead a small team to operationalise the strategic plan, identifying opportunities for growth, applying good governance and overseeing organisational performance. The position is full time, includes a six month probationary period and will be a 3 year contract. Vehicle with running costs, and phone supplied.
The position description, terms and conditions can be downloaded from the website: www.smecc.org.au
Applications including a covering letter, CV with contact details of two referees, (of which one must be your current or most recent employer) and addressing each Key Selection Criteria to be emailed to the Chairperson, Ian Japp at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday October 28th.
If developing inclusive and caring communities that value cultural diversity is a career goal, we welcome your application. For a confidential discussion, please direct enquiries to Ian Japp 0447056261.